Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Drawing as a form of meditation

I'm not very good a nurturing the artist child in me. I'm good at writing my artist pages, but I hardly allow myself to go on an "artist date" and just play freely with my art (see Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way). On top of that, a few issues in life have been stressing me out lately. So here I am, a little blocked; haven't been able to produce any sculptures that are to my satisfaction.

To remedy the situation, I started sketching since yesterday. Without any planning, I just sketched whatever that's in my mind.

Drawing is like a form of meditation. I managed to drag those demons and monsters that have been disturbing my inner peace out of my mind, and sealed them away in my drawings.


So there, I feel so much better now.


Stare all you want, bird creature. I feel really good right now. And you can't do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment