Thursday, November 5, 2009

Black and White Dream

When it comes to finishing a sculpture, I am usually in favor of cold finishes (methods that do not involve firing in a kiln).

So here's Dream's Song, in black and white.


I do not intend to leave this piece as it is right now (though I am a little tempted to). I thought it looks quite interesting like this....but a black and white dream? That doesn't go quite well with the meaning of the work...does it?


Anyway, this piece is still in progress. It will have have colors, eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Did my comment take? I don't know if what I just wrote, took. I was saying that I find this piece incredibly beautiful. That I think it's perfect as is. That I am entranced by the workmanship, especially the facial features, the eyes, the scrollwork, the leaves...it is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete