Monday, August 31, 2009

A Tiger God and His Priestess

I had a great weekend. As long as I get to play with clay, I'm happy.

Yesterday I made this tiger god and his priestess. I worked 5-6 hours non-stop. At the end of the day I was pretty tired, sore, and hungry. But I felt great on the inside! Art making leaves a pretty long lasting feeling of happiness inside me.


Here's a closer look at the tiger god. This is actually a commission from my husband. He said he wants a tiger. And since he's such a wonderful husband, I threw in a priestess as a bonus.


And here she is, the priestess. I think this is the first time I put hair on my sculpture. The result isn't bad at all.


Once again, I'm quite pleased with the lips.


Where did I get the inspiration for the tiger god and the priestess? From the video game, Okami. Let me just say this, if I were a video game, I want to be Okami. It's a gorgeous game. How can you not love a game that looks like this (see picture above and below, taken from Okami art book)?


This is the tiger god from Okami. This game is absolutely beautiful! It's like a Japanese painting that moves and talks! And the music is just as wonderful as the game.


(This track is my favorite!)



That's all I have to share for now. Take care everyone, have a good Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment